M.Sc. Interior Design
M.Sc. Interior Designing is a post graduate program which introduces the students to multi-disciplinary skills, which are related to space, construction environments and aesthetics. The course provides students a broad idea about education in Interior Design and Visual Merchandising. The duration of the course is two years and it is career orienting in nature that opens many jobs for them after its completion. The Master’s Degree course helps to deal with technical details, visualize and implement ideas. The Interior Designer examines the architectural elements, the intended function of interior space and creates a design that interprets the needs and desires of its users. It serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as Ph.D and M. Phil for research studies.
You may join this course after graduating in any discipline with 40%.
Examination & Certification
- Exams are held semester wise, twice a year in June and December.
- The exam includes seven theoretical papers and one practical paper.
- The practical assignment has to be submitted in the Institute itself.
- Students are required to apply for Master Degree after completing two years.
Thesis has to be submitted by the students.
Students will conduct focused research in a specialized area of interior design and produce a report presenting their conclusion. Students will then be required to integrate their findings with core interior design skills and apply them in the development of this project, thereby demonstrating a holistic approach to design interior environments that positively impact the quality of people’s life.This is a self‐generated project that enables students to pursue a specialist area of their own choice.
- Interior Landscaping
- Building Construction for Interior Designers
- Furnishings of Interiors
- History of Furniture
- Design Studio
- Construction Techniques
- Light & Colours in Interior Design
- Interior Estimation
- Advanced Building Services
- History of Art & Architecture
- Materials & Construction Techniques
- Design Visualization & Presentation
- Project Management
- Ethics & Legal Practices
- Vastu in Interiors